Monday, September 22, 2008

UGH

Today I'm off, and trying to shake bad vibes from yesterday. I'm pretty sure one of the Dr's I work with hates me...perhaps the feeling is mutual. You try your hardest to be helpful and nice to someone *that everyone else refuses to help* and he treats me worse than he does the other...so the heck with him. Vent over...

So while I'm shaking off these vibes it occurs to me that I'm upset and hanging on to the trivial. So many others have real problems. Problems I've faced before, problems worth stressing over. This and yesterday's entire days events are not worth it. Then I feel guilty for even wasting time on it.

Today I was talking with a young lady who lost her child almost a year ago. Little Zoe-Beth was born too early, too fragile. She's experiencing emotions I know of all to well. See this is a real problem. Not bad vibes at work. I'm praying she has an easier time of healing than I've had, and I pray she doesn't take as long as I have to realize someone is walking with her. I don't know her in person, but I feel a deep love for her. I pray for her peace.

If anyone has any daily devotional's to recommend I would appreciate it. I'm looking to dig deeper, I'm just at a loss on how to do it.

1 comment:

SlicKitty said...

I found this, which is recommended for Christian women who have lost children. I think it is an exercise from which you would greatly benefit. I also have some devotionals. I will send you some.

Homework:
Write a letter to God. Write down all your sorrows and hopes for Zakk. Read the passages below and write down what you believe the writer is saying. Seek out your own passages of scripture and write an application for each one.


Pray for strength, godly attitudes, and the ability to move on.

There are also recommendations for things to have Canaan, Dylan, and Rhys do with you, if you're interested:
Sit down with other children and allow for a sharing of grief and questions. It is important for to be open and willing to learn throughout the entire process.


Here are the verses - let me know if you need a Bible. Of course, I'll get one to you posthaste.

*Ephesians 1:11- All things, including death, works out for the best of those involved, God is in control.
*Deuteronomy 31:7-8- God promises to be with those whom He gives a difficult trial.
*Romans 14:8- Life and death are in the Lord's hands. He is a gracious and fair God and doesn't do anything without reason.
*Psalm 115:16- The death of God's children is precious to Him. He loved them far more than we could have imagined, and His grief is much deeper.