Thursday, September 18, 2008

New Journey

Today I begin a new journey, one I hope to take with you. I'm new to the blog world so bear with me! My name is Traci and I'm the mother of 4. My oldest son Zachary died suddenly on October 12, 2000. Part of me died with him. I took my children and ran home to my mom. We moved a few miles away from her and I'd begin to put my life back together. I finished nursing school, licked my wounds and forgot God. I didn't need him if he'd bring me pain like that. I went on to marry a wonderful man and start a new incredible life, far greater than I had ever imagined. I love my life! I was amazed at all the wonderful gifts I had been given. While my heart was still aching (and still is) I thought I was doing well in spite of all of it. Doing well without God. Little did I know he was with me the whole time. I'm learning now.

A few months ago I began to keep up with Stacy (He Will Carry Me) and Angie Smith's (Bring the Rain) blog. Something funny happend and I began to miss God's presence in my life and began reaching out to him. This is just the beginning.

I'm blogging to heal my wounds, hopefully help heal others and learn. Thanks for joining me!

1 comment:

SlicKitty said...

We miss Zakk every day.
There is no greater pain than a parent missing a child. It is the same pain I imagine God feeling as he is missing you. Every day, I pray that you will return to the fold with us, because I know that's where Zakk is waiting for you...and it's where I'll see you - on the other side. ;-)

All my love.
Misty