Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Fear

Yesterday I took Canaan to the ER because she was wheezing. We were there for a good bit of the night, a couple of breathing treatments, and a dose of steriods later she's breathing much better. The Doctor took and chest xray and said it was a small pneumonia. She's going to be fine. Thank the heavens!

Looking back at it, I know my daughter must have thought I was nuts. I was a nervous wreck and worried sick. We'd been down this road so many times. But recently Zachary and the events of Oct. 12 have been racing through my mind. Once again I question daily what I could have done to save him. Rational mind knows there was nothing. "Mom" mind says different. It's frustrating.

Just thought I'd share.

1 comment:

Kris said...

Don't feel bad. Right after Zack's death, I, too had an adrenaline rush of "get my child to the ER" and by the time we got there all was well and she was breathing just fine. The docs thought I was nuts, but the nurse was wonderful, insightful and empathetic.